Saturday, January 1, 2011

Safe (1)365



So, I've decided to do a 365 this year. 2011 is going to be a big year for our family and I really want to photograph it. The reason I've never done a 365 before is because frankly I can't handle the pressure. So I've decided that this is a no-pressure version. I will TRY to take a picture every day, but I will not fail the project if I miss one. I will try to get 7 photos every 7 days and if more than one comes from the same day so be it. Also I want to let go of the pressure of being "creative" every day. That means some photos will be "fancy", but lots will be snapshots, and lots will be from my phone. Whew.

This is Greyson's bed. Sometimes I look at it and shake my head. So many things about it make me smile for such a small area. He is still my little boy-little enough to still have alphabet sheets. He piles everything into the corner to make a "fort" to bury himself in at bedtime. The "guys" range from Batman to Kangaroo and Joey to a giant heart to Bear to Kung Fu Bunny. He has the superhero thing going on but for some reason wanted to switch the labels. Even more puzzling is the fact that the Hulk label is reversed. But since I am constantly shaking my head and wondering what is going on with G, why should I not feel that way about his bedroom? He randomly gets afraid at night and so I put the word SAFE above his bed to protect him. If only that were all it took.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, great minds think alike...my blog is called a Slice of Life lol I am so glad you decided to join the challenge...I look forward to following your blog!

    That picture is adorable and I am sure he feels safe surrounded by all he loves (including YOU)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you post every day! Does G still sleep with his monster? I don't see it in that pile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words are always supportive, whether written spoken or photographed. Welcome and looking forward to blogging with you. Visit me as you can: http://top5cats.blogspot.com

    Don't get pressured here, I am in the 3rd year and have never totally finished. You just do what you can and have fun and learn something.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moms just love their kids as they cycle through their growing. What wonderful creatures our children are! Our job is to enjoy them. Sounds like you are doing just that! Looking forward to your wonderful year in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I am also tackling the challenge for the first time and know I too will stress out about it. I have told myself to just have fun and post as you have photos, but try and take them daily.

    I will be here rooting for you. = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys. I feel more nervous today after looking around at a few other 365s. Whew! There are some seriously talented people out there. But I'm trying to remind myself that I am doing this for personal reasons...

    And Steph, he does sleep with Purple Body Monster (http://www.curlyqcuties.com/) but I couldn't fit his whole bed and it's full chaos in the pic! The pile changes every night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo is absolutely marvelous and along with your story, really gives me a vision of your little boy. You have a gift for storytelling with words and pictures. I'll look forward to more! And, don't worry, this is a SAFE place to do the project any way you want to. Some of us disappear for weeks on end only to drift back in again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your posts...and photos! It is so fun to be part of such a diverse group. Would be boring and uninspiring otherwise. Nice to have such a wide range of ages also...from hs students to Gma's and Gpa's. We all have something interesting to offer this blog and the world. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a mystery to me what goes on in the mind of young boys. I think its great that he has created his own space.

    ReplyDelete