Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stuff 3(365)


These are the things in my purse right now.  Not my giant bag, just the purse I carry with me everywhere. The only thing I removed first was a huge wad of paper trash - receipts, lab results, scribbled-on scraps of paper, grocery lists, etc.  Two things missing that are pretty much always in my purse are my phone and my point & shoot (both are sitting right next to me) but I resolved to just dump it out and photograph whatever was there in that moment. 

Inventory:
5 packs of gum
3 recipe cards from the sample area of the grocery store
1 Chapstick and 1 Aveeno lip balm
2 lip gloss tubes
1 tube of mascara
2 self breast-exam shower cards from my ob's office
2 pairs of Target sunglasses
1 Tide mini-pen
1 random strap to something
1 tube arnica gel
2 notepads
1 tin Altoid smalls
1 completely squashed mini 3 Musketeers
1 Ocean nasal saline spray
1 bottle Visine-A allergy eye drops
1 package emergency glucose tablets
1 blood sugar testing kit with insulin pen
1 extra point & shoot battery
1 package smoked almonds
1 tin Icebreakers Sours
1 coin purse
1 ticket dtub from Yo Gabba Gabba! Live
5 pens
1 piece of the part that holds my pocket wizard onto my flash
1 checkbook
1 package tissues
1 package crayons
1 wallet (I made it!)
1 business card holder
1 pair gloves
1 fingerless glove
1 battery changer for my camera

I think that's everything.  And it's not really as bad as I thought to be honest.

Thank God you didn't see the trash.

12 comments:

  1. lololo I gotta go clean out my purse now.It's got lots of receipts & paper junk in it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my purse!!! I always carry tons of stuff. Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that all?? You must have the neatest and most organized purse of anyone I know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to clean mine out now too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's from the small purse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just cleaned out my old wallet when I treated myself to a new one for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I hope I'm near you if there is an emergency. If we can't find what we need in your purse, I think we could McGyver whatever we need!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! You gals must all haul around 10 lb. purses. LOL! Interesting slice of life shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you thought about getting a backpack?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! that's a lot of stuff. Fun image and list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful! Very, very good idea, I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's why I try to carry a small purse (and mostly hate it)! No trouble finding anything in it--because there isn't very much in it!
    Nature abhors a vacuum. Apparently purses do, too! Rule of thumb: Regardless of how BIG it is, it's gonna get filled up. (The chiropractors love us!)

    ReplyDelete